Yes, you can. You have the ability to either pay a custom amount or the total owing balance on your account, in one transaction.
This feature is only available on the Afterpay App, and can be used to pay off in-store or online Pay in 4 purchases, as well as Afterpay Plus Card orders. This feature is not available for Pay Monthly orders.
- Log on to your Afterpay App and click on the ‘My Afterpay’ tab
- Click on the black ‘Pay all’ button, which will take you to your upcoming payments
- From there, click on the ‘Make multiple payments’ button at the bottom of the screen
- Select whether you want to pay any payments due in 15 days, your total orders or a custom amount of your choice, which will give you the option to enter in a different amount.
I made a custom payment, how do you distribute this against my installments?
Custom amount payments are applied to installments in the following order:
1. First, the amount is applied to installments due today to minimize potential late fees.
2. Second, any overdue installments that haven't yet received a late fee, starting with the longest overdue.
3. Then, to any overdue instalments with a late fee, starting with the longest overdue.
4. Finally, any remaining amounts will be applied to installments due from tomorrow onwards.
How you can confirm which orders have been paid:
If payment is successful, you’ll receive an email confirming the amount that was paid, the payment method used and which orders the payment was distributed across (including the installment number). This way you can easily identify where your payment has been spread across.
Depending on the total outstanding balance of your account, and the amount of the custom payment that you’ve made, it may result in a partial payment and you may still have outstanding installments. This will be visible in your Afterpay App as normal.
What payment methods are accepted?
Apple Pay, Debit or Credit Card or Bank Payments/ACH. If paying with a checking account, it can take up to 5 business days to clear - please ensure your account has enough funds during this time. Please note, if you have overdue installments ACH payment will not be available. CashApp Pay is not accepted.
Your preferred payment method will appear when submitting payment, however you also have the ability to choose another card on your account (if applicable), or to use a new card as a one off payment. Only one card can be used, you cannot use multiple cards for the one payment.
What happens if I return an order after I’ve made a custom payment?
The returns process remains the same, regardless as to whether you’ve made a bundled custom payment, paid off the entire owing on your account, or let Afterpay automatically process installments on the due date.
Once the merchant has processed your refund, it will reflect off the relevant Afterpay order and any funds you have paid towards this order will be refunded back to the card(s) used to pay for the installments.
For more information on how refunds work, click here.