Can I return my Afterpay purchase in-store?
It depends on how you originally paid for the item. If you bought the item online you may need to return the item through the mail, seek guidance from the retailer you purchased from for clear instructions.
If you made the purchase using the Afterpay Card or Afterpay Plus Card, you can put the funds back onto your Afterpay account like this:
- Launch the Afterpay app and select the In-Store tab
- Select ‘How it works’ in the top right corner
- Select 'How do I return an order?'
- Select 'Make an Afterpay Card return'
- Select 'Refund to Afterpay Card'
- Your digital wallet will open; be sure that our Mint and Black Card is on screen
- Hold your phone near the card reader at the register
Please keep your receipt from the retailer as confirmation of your return. If the return is successful, the refund will go back to the Afterpay Card. Afterpay will then refund you and it could take up to 10 days for the refund to be reflected in your Afterpay account.
Good news! Any paid instalments will be returned to your card.
Learn more about refunds here