Afterpay does not approve 100% of orders. We are committed to ensuring we support responsible spending. It is possible that your order may be declined, even if the order amount is less than your estimated spending limit, as Afterpay uses a variety of factors to determine approval of orders. In addition to your individual spending limit, there may be additional limitations based on the merchant where you are shopping.
When determining which orders to approve, we consider a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper with Afterpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider:
- Are there sufficient funds on your card (generally we look to see the first installment amount of the order value available to spend on the card you are using)
- length of time you have been using Afterpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- Amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- The value of the order you are trying to place, it may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- The number of orders you currently have 'open' with us (not a guarantee)