To add a card to your account, follow the steps below!
Via the app:
- After logging in to your app, tap on 'My Afterpay' in the bottom right of your screen.
- Scroll down and tap 'Payment settings' under the 'Account settings' heading.
- Select 'Add payment method'.
- Enter in your card information. If you like, you can also set the card as your preferred card for new purchases.
- Tap 'Save'. All done!
Via the Afterpay website:
- After logging in to your account via the Afterpay website, click the 'Account' option in the upper left of your screen (or click the 3 lines in the upper left then ‘Account’ if on a mobile device).
- Click the 'Payment methods' tab, click 'Add payment method’ and enter in your card information.
- Click 'Save'. All done!
- You can also select this card as your preferred card for new purchases in the 'Payment methods' screen by clicking the 3 dots next to your card number, clicking ‘Set as preferred’ and confirming that you wish to update the preferred payment method.
Please note: When adding a new card to your account, Afterpay will verify it by issuing a temporary small authorisation hold of $3 or less. Authorisation holds are small amounts of money that are never actually charged to your account and should be voided from your payment method within a few business days