We are excited to introduce you to Afterpay Card. Just like our in-app barcode, Afterpay Card allows you to shop in-store with Afterpay to split purchases into 4 payments, every 2 weeks.
Get the Afterpay app, set up the Afterpay Card, and follow the prompts to add it to your Apple Wallet or Google Wallet. Check your available to spend and where you can shop in real life.
Head to a retailer accepting Afterpay. When you're ready to pay, activate the Afterpay Card in the app and pay using Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Bring it home today and pay it off in four interest-free instalments!
It’s easy to use. Simply download the Afterpay mobile app, set up the Afterpay Card, and use your Afterpay Card with Apple Pay or Google Pay to make a contactless payment at check out!
How to make a purchase:
- Download the Afterpay app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Log in or create an Afterpay account
- Tap the ‘Card’ tab and follow the steps to set up the Afterpay Card & add it to your digital wallet
- At the register, launch the Afterpay app and tap the ‘Card’ tab to see the amount you have available to spend
- Tap the ‘Pay with Afterpay Card’ button to activate the Afterpay Card and launch it in your digital wallet. (For Apple users, you will be prompted to use either Face ID, Touch ID or device passcode to authenticate your Afterpay purchase)
- Hold your device on the card reader at the register,
- Success! You’ll see a confirmation of your purchase in the app. Take your items home immediately and pay your purchase total over four instalments.
Why is the payment terminal prompting me for a PIN number to complete my purchase?
In-store purchases over $200 made with a mobile device do not typically require a PIN number to be entered on the payment terminal, as the cardholder is identified via their mobile device with Face ID, Touch ID or Passcode. However, a small number of payment terminals will not accept ‘on device’ identification of the cardholder and will require a PIN number to be entered to complete the transaction.
To set up a PIN number for your Afterpay Card
- click on the Profile tab of your Afterpay App
- click Afterpay Card and the click ‘Change Card PIN’
- You will be prompted to choose and reconfirm your PIN number.
- You can then re-attempt your purchase and using your PIN number when prompted.