Yes, you can. You have the ability to either pay a custom amount or the total owing balance on your account, in one transaction. This saves you from having to click on each individual order!
This feature is only available on the Afterpay App, and can be used to pay off Pay in 4 purchases.
- Log on to your Afterpay App and click on the ‘My Afterpay’ tab
- Click on the black ‘pay’ button, which will take you to your upcoming payments
- From there, click on the ‘Make a payment’ button at the bottom of the screen
- Select whether you want to pay off the total amount owing on your account, any payments due in the next 15 days, or a custom amount of your choice.
I made a custom payment, how do you distribute this against my installments?
Custom amount payments are applied to installments in the following order:
1. First, the amount is applied to installments due today.
2. It's then applied to any overdue installments you may have, starting with the longest overdue.
3. Finally, any remaining amounts will be applied to instalments due from tomorrow onwards.
How you can confirm which orders have been paid:
If payment is successful, you’ll receive an email confirming the amount that was paid, the payment method used and which orders the payment was distributed across (including the installment number). This way you can easily identify where your payment has been spread across.
Depending on the total outstanding balance of your account, and the amount of the custom payment that you’ve made, it may result in a partial payment and you may still have outstanding installments. This will be visible in your Afterpay App as normal.
What payment methods are accepted?
Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card.
Your preferred payment method will appear when submitting payment, however you also have the ability to choose another card on your account (if applicable), or to use a new card as a one off payment. Only one card can be used, you cannot use multiple cards for the one payment.
What happens if I return an order after I’ve made a custom payment?
The returns process remains the same, regardless as to whether you’ve made a bundled custom payment, paid off the entire owing on your account, or let Afterpay automatically process installments on the due date.
Once the merchant has processed your refund, it will reflect off the relevant Afterpay order and any funds you have paid towards this order, will be refunded back to the card(s) used to pay for the installments.
You can read more on how refunds work here.