If the store does not accept online returns in store, you will need to follow the store’s online return policy.
If they do, you can return goods in-store with the Afterpay Card! Read how to here: How to return goods in-store using Afterpay Card. Please always take your proof of purchase/receipt when you attempt to return goods in-store so that the team member can scan the receipt for the refund at the till.
Great news! You can move an upcoming payment if you’re expecting a refund.
After making a return, it may take several days for the merchant to accept the return and process a refund. Until the refund is confirmed and processed by the merchant, your original Payment Schedule with Afterpay will continue.
If you’ve made a return and would like to request that your next payment be pushed back by up to 2 weeks from the original due date in order for the merchant to process your refund, you can do so easily in the Afterpay app. Just follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Orders tab in the Afterpay app
- Select the scheduled payment you would like to reschedule based on a pending return
- Select the menu in the top right corner of the app and choose Returning an order.
- Indicate whether you are Returning by mail or Returning in-store.
- For online returns, follow the prompts to enter return details and pause your next payment.
- For store returns, select Refund to Afterpay Card to initiate the return through your digital wallet.
If your request is successful, the final confirmation screen will include your updated Payment Schedule.
Please note that you’ll only be able to make this request once per order. Additionally, if your refund still hasn’t been processed by your next payment date and amounts remain due, you may have 2 payments due on the same day.