Returning goods is all subject to the stores returns policy and is outside of the control of Afterpay.
Please check before attempting to return goods purchased online in-store with the store themselves. Some stores will not accept goods purchased online back to the store.
- Launch the Afterpay app and select the Card tab
- Select ‘How it works’ in the top right corner
- Select 'How do I return an order?'
- Select 'Make an Afterpay Card return'
- Select 'Refund to Afterpay Card'
- Your digital wallet will open; be sure that our Mint and Black Card is on screen
- Hold your phone near the card reader at the register
Please keep your receipt from the retailer as confirmation of your return. If the return is successful, the refund will go back to the Afterpay Card. Afterpay will then refund you and it could take up to 10 days for the refund to be reflected in your Afterpay account. Any paid instalments will be returned to your card.
After you have returned the goods in-store?
- Occasionally you may have to match up the return in your Afterpay App, if this is required when you log onto your Afterpay App you will have a notification to say "Complete refund" we will send you an SMS to nudge you to take action
- If when you log in the notification says "unable to find a match" you will not have to do anything - we will match it up for you behind the scenes
- Follow the in-app instructions to match up the refund to the correct order
- Pretty simple and straightforward - if you get stuck just get in touch and our team will help you out