Returning goods is all subject to the stores returns policy and is outside of the control of Afterpay.
Please check before attempting to return goods purchased online in-store with the store themselves. Some stores will not accept goods purchased online back to the store.
To return an Afterpay purchase in-store with the Afterpay Card
- Launch the Afterpay app and select the 'Orders' icon
- Select the order you wish to return and scroll down to view the order details
- Select 'Return Order'
- Select 'Returning In-Store'
- Tap the Apple Pay/Google Pay button
- Hold your phone near the card reader at the register
Please keep your receipt from the retailer as confirmation of your return. If the return is successful, the refund will go back to the Afterpay Card. Afterpay will then refund you and it could take up to 10 days for the refund to be reflected in your Afterpay account. Any paid installments will be returned to your card.
After you have returned the goods in-store?
- Occasionally you may have to match up the return in your Afterpay App, if this is required when you log onto your Afterpay App you will have a notification to say "Complete refund" we will send you an SMS to nudge you to take action
- If when you log in the notification says "unable to find a match" you will not have to do anything - we will match it up for you behind the scenes
- Follow the in-app instructions to match up the refund to the correct order
- Pretty simple and straightforward - if you get stuck just get in touch and our team will help you out
Good to know
For security reasons, receipts from purchases made with Apple Pay or Google Pay will not show the same last few digits as on the front of the Afterpay Card.
The numbers you see on the receipt are the last four digits of a digital card number associated with the Afterpay Card. You can locate this number in your digital wallet by following these steps:
- Open the Wallet app
- Tap the Afterpay Card
- Tap the … button in the top right corner
- Device account number is located on this screen
- Open the Google Pay app
- Tap on the Afterpay Card, then scroll to virtual account number