Purchased with Afterpay Card
If you made the purchase was made using our Card, this is what the customer has to do:
- Launch the Afterpay app and select the order you're returning from the orders tab (tip: click history to see purchases that have been paid)
- Tap the three dots in the right-hand corner then tap returning an order
- Follow the prompts to return the order in-store
- Tap the Refund to Afterpay Card button
- Hold your phone near the card reader at the register
It is best if the customer keeps hold of the return receipt. Funds will be returned to the original payment method usually within 5-7 business days.
Good to know
For security reasons, receipts from purchases made with Apple Pay or Google Pay will not show the same last few digits as on the front of the physical or virtual card.
The numbers you see on the receipt are the last four digits of a digital card number associated with the physical or virtual card. These last four can be validated by your card provider.
Where can a customer find the last four digits of the card used for the purchase during a refund?
The cashier can use the Device Account Number to process your return. To find the Device Account Number on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap the Afterpay card.