It depends on how you originally paid for the item. If you bought the item online you may need to return the item through the mail, seek guidance from the retailer you purchased from for clear instructions.
Purchased with Afterpay Card
If you made the purchase using our Card, you can put the funds back onto your Afterpay account like this:
- Launch the Afterpay app and select the order you're returning from the orders tab (tip: click history to see purchases that have been paid)
- Tap the three dots in the right-hand corner then tap returning an order
- Follow the prompts to return the order in-store
- Tap the Refund to Afterpay Card button
- Hold your phone near the card reader at the register
Please keep your receipt from the retailer as confirmation of your return. If the return is successful, funds will be returned to your card in 5-7 business days.
Good to know
For security reasons, receipts from purchases made with Apple Pay or Google Pay will not show the same last few digits as on the front of your physical or virtual card.
The numbers you see on the receipt are the last four digits of a digital card number associated with your physical or virtual card. These last four can be validated by your card provider.