It depends on how you originally paid for the item. If you bought the item online you may need to return the item through the mail, seek guidance from the retailer you purchased from for clear instructions.
Purchased with Afterpay Card
If you made the purchase using our Card, you can put the funds back onto your Afterpay account like this:
- Launch the Afterpay app and select the In-Store tab
- Select ‘How it works’ in the top right corner
- Select 'How do I return an order?'
- Select 'Make an Afterpay Card return'
- Select 'Refund to Afterpay Card'
- Your digital wallet will open; be sure that our Mint and Black Card is on screen
- Hold your phone near the card reader at the register
Please keep your receipt from the retailer as confirmation of your return. If the return is successful, the refund will go back to the Afterpay Card. Afterpay will then refund you and it could take up to 10 days for the refund to be reflected in your Afterpay account. Any paid instalments will be returned to your card.
Good to know
For security reasons, receipts from purchases made with Apple Pay or Google Pay will not show the same last few digits as on the front of your physical or virtual card.
The numbers you see on the receipt are the last four digits of a digital card number associated with your physical or virtual card. These last four can be validated by your card provider.