New kids on the block!
So we have a new owner, new family and an exciting future together it is official we are part of Block inc, formally Square.
When will Afterpay’s customer-facing app be integrated into Cash App?
- As a long term goal we intend to enable Cash App customers to pay with Afterpay within our app and through Afterpay merchants online and offline.
- We don’t have anything to share on the mechanics and pricing at this time.
When will Cash App be available in other markets where Afterpay already has a big presence, like Australia?
- We do not have concrete plans to share at this time, but are excited by the global opportunity.
- Ref: Currently, for Cash App we are live in the UK with peer-to-peer and cross border payments.
What will happen with Money by Afterpay that launched in Australia last year?
- We believe there will be a natural transition to customers using Cash App once we work through integration but have no further details to share at this time.
Will you replace the Afterpay Card with the Cash Card?
- In the short term, we do not plan on replacing the Afterpay Card with the Cash Card.
- In the long term, we will see what makes the most sense for our customers and our business in best integrating Afterpay customers into our ecosystem.
Will you integrate any of your bitcoin products with Afterpay? For example, could Cash App customers pay their Afterpay balance with bitcoin?
- We’re always open to exploring new connections across our ecosystems if we see demand from customers but have nothing to share at this stage.
Can customers now pay in 4 with Afterpay at anywhere a Square payment terminal exists?
- We’re beginning to roll out an integration with Square as we speak and there will be more information forthcoming on this one so stay tuned!
Does this change the in-store experience for me?
- No. The in-store experience remains the same as it is today.