We recommend you start by downloading our mobile app and following the prompts to create an account and begin shopping! The app allows you to shop and checkout with Afterpay in-store, offers a personalized shopping experience and helps you manage your orders.
For in-store shopping, you’ll need to create an account, download the app, and add the Afterpay Card to your digital wallet.
For online shopping, you don't actually need to register prior to making your first Afterpay purchase! When you are making a purchase with a retailer that offers Afterpay (visit our Shop Directory for a full list), simply choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. If it’s your first time using Afterpay, you will provide payment details as usual to complete your purchase. Once your first order is approved, your Afterpay account is created. All you need to do is visit www.afterpay.com or download the Afterpay app to set up a password and you will be able to make more purchases using Afterpay by simply entering your login details upon checkout.
To be eligible to use Afterpay you must:
- Be an individual who is at least 18 years old (19 years old in Alabama or if you are a ward of the state in Nebraska);
- Be a resident of the United States and reside within one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia;
- Be capable of entering into a legally binding contract;
- Have a valid and verifiable email address and mobile telephone number;
- Provide a valid delivery address in the United States; and
- Be authorized to use the Payment Method provided (US-issued debit or credit card)
- Pass Identify verification (Pay Monthly)
Moved to another country where Afterpay or Clearpay is offered?
We are working hard on making your Afterpay account global, but in the meantime you won't be able to change your account over to a different location, and would need to create a new account. If you would like to re-use your email address to set up an account, please let us know so that we can remove it from your Australian account.