Yes, Afterpay is free! As a customer, and as long as you pay on time, Afterpay is a free service. However, if you miss a payment, we will charge a capped late fee that starts at $10 but never goes higher than 25% of the purchase price or $68 (whichever is less). We do everything we can for you to avoid late fees, including sending reminders leading up to the payment due date and an alert after a payment has failed – because late fees are bad for you, and bad for our business, plus, chasing them costs as much as we get back.
Articles in this section
- Is Afterpay really free?
- Do the spending limits encourage me to spend more than I can afford?
- Is it hard to open and use an Afterpay account?
- Is using Afterpay bad for my credit score?
- What is Cross Border Trade?
- How can I verify my account?
- I want to shop - how do I sign up?
- When will my first payment be taken?
- How does Afterpay Work?
- Who can use Afterpay?