There is no Afterpay ‘blacklist’! But missing payments isn’t good for anyone, so if you do miss a payment, we will immediately pause your account and you won’t be able to buy anything else with us until your payments are up to date. You may notice your spending limit decreases too; this is because our system takes into account a range of different factors, including late payments, in deciding spending limits. Missing payments also affects your eligibility for our loyalty scheme, Pulse. You can find out more about Pulse here. Ultimately, all steps we take are to help you spend responsibly with Afterpay.
Articles in this section
- Can I change the date that a payment is due?
- Can I pay less than the full instalment amount?
- Will using Afterpay affect me being able to get a home loan?
- If I miss a payment, do I get put on an Afterpay blacklist?
- What happens if my card is lost / stolen or cancelled by the bank?
- How do payments work?
- Difficulty paying on time or facing financial hardship?
- Why is my first payment higher than the other three?