Afterpay does not affect your credit score or credit rating. Your credit score can be impacted when somebody does a credit check on you or if you are reported as paying debts late; at Afterpay, we never do credit checks or report late payments. We don’t believe in preventing people from accessing Afterpay because they may have had an old debt from a long time ago. And we don’t believe that missing a payment with Afterpay should result in a bad credit history - especially when the average purchase is only around $150 (which may surprise you). Our main aim is always to help you spend responsibly, and we take a lot of steps to help ensure this, including pausing your account when you miss a payment.
Articles in this section
- Is Afterpay really free?
- Do the spending limits encourage me to spend more than I can afford?
- Is it hard to open and use an Afterpay account?
- Is using Afterpay bad for my credit score?
- What is Cross Border Trade?
- How can I verify my account?
- I want to shop - how do I sign up?
- When will my first payment be taken?
- How does Afterpay Work?
- Who can use Afterpay?