Where do I start?
Get the Afterpay app, set up the Afterpay Card, and follow the prompts to add it to your digital wallet. Check your available to spend and where you can shop in real life.
Ready to shop? Tap it
Head to a retailer accepting Afterpay. When you're ready to pay, use your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet and select the Afterpay Card to tap and pay!
Bring it home today and pay it off in four instalments!
It’s easy to use. Simply download the Afterpay mobile app, set up the Afterpay Card, and use your Afterpay Card with Apple Pay or Google Pay to make a contactless payment at check out!
New to Apple Pay or Google Pay? Visit the Apple Pay FAQ or Google Pay FAQ for more details!
How to make a purchase:
- Download the Afterpay app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Log in or create an Afterpay account
- Tap the ‘In-Store’ tab and follow the steps to set up the Afterpay Card & add it to your digital wallet
- At the register launch the Afterpay Card in your digital wallet (Apple users will be prompted to use Face ID, Touch ID or device passcode to authenticate the Afterpay purchase)
- Success! You’ll see a confirmation of your purchase in the app. Take your items home immediately and pay your purchase total over four instalments.
- Make sure you have a debit or credit card set as your preferred card
Why is the payment terminal prompting me for a PIN number to complete my purchase?
In-store purchases over $200 made with a mobile device do not typically require a PIN number to be entered on the payment terminal, as the cardholder is identified via their mobile device with Face ID, Touch ID or Passcode. However, a small number of payment terminals will not accept ‘on device’ identification of the cardholder and will require a PIN number to be entered to complete the transaction.
To set up a PIN number for your Afterpay Card
- Click the "In-Store' tab at the bottom of the app
- Click the info button on top right hand corner (i)
- Click how to set or update your pin
- You will be prompted to choose and reconfirm your PIN number.
- You can then re-attempt your purchase and using your PIN number when prompted.