What do customers need to check out with Afterpay in-store?
- The Afterpay App (must have digital wallet enabled) read more here
- An active Afterpay account
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have a verifiable ID
- A valid and verifiable email address and mobile number
- Capable of entering into a legally binding contract
The original way to Afterpay In-store was through our barcode solution, which is no longer accepted as a way to Afterpay in-store.
From April 2021 we have the ability to set up your store to accept our new Afterpay Card. The card is activated from within the Afterpay App and accessible via digital wallet. Customers simply tap the card on your card terminal to make the purchase just like any other debit / credit card. Too easy!
Ensure you are set up to accept Afterpay at the till, we can help you to do this really quickly get in touch now! We just need to grab a few details from you and we can add the card to your store so that you can help more customers to pay it in 4.
Can a customer return if they checked out with Afterpay?
You can accept refunds in-store via the Afterpay Card. All you need to do is have the customer tap the afterpay card on your card terminal. We will match up the funds to the original order and pass any money owing back to the customer directly. Nice and easy.
How do I let customers know I have Afterpay in-store?
There are a number of ways to promote Afterpay to your customers, as well as acquire new customers.
- Let your customers know through your social media channels
- Send a dedicated email out to your customer data base
- Train your store team on Afterpay.
- Have your store team download the Afterpay App to understand the customer journey
- Use visual merchandising assets to let your customers know you have Afterpay in-store.
- Ensure you have your assets updated on the Afterpay shop directory.
Order your Visual Merchandise now