How does Afterpay work for the customer?
A customer must have
- An Afterpay account set up
- The Afterpay App
- First payment in the bank account that is attached to their Afterpay account
How do I let customers know I have Afterpay in-store?
There are a number of ways to promote Afterpay to your customers, as well as acquire new customers.
- Ensure Afterpay is correctly enabled on your POS. For help contact our Merchant Support Team
- Let your customers know through your social media channels
- Send a dedicated email out to your customer data base
- Train your store team on Afterpay.
- Have your store team download the Afterpay App to understand the customer journey
- Use visual merchandising assets to let your customers know you have Afterpay in-store.
- Ensure you have your assets updated on the Afterpay shop directory.
What do customers need to check out with Afterpay in-store?
- An active Afterpay account
- The Afterpay App
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have a verifiable ID
- A valid and verifiable email address and mobile number
- Capable of entering into a legally binding contract
Can a customer return if they checked out with Afterpay?
Refunding an Afterpay purchase is just like a refund on a debit or credit card. Once the transaction has been completed at the register It takes time for the bank to process money back to the customers bank account.
Afterpay processes the refund immediately and will send the customer an email to confirm that the refund has been applied. The bank may take 48 hours or longer to refund any money to the customers card.
Does the customer have to select my store on the App directory to use Afterpay at the check-out?
No. The barcode will work at any store that accepts Afterpay as a payment method. Irrespective of which retailer the customer chooses to shop at they will need to select the barcode icon at the bottom of the App home page to then use at the register.
Order your Visual Merchandise now