Afterpay will direct all inquiries from customers, regarding Return of goods, to you, the Retailer/Merchant. For security purposes, Afterpay is unable to issue a refund to a customer on behalf of a Merchant.
Afterpay will only process refunds following the instruction by a Merchant though the issue of a refund request via the Merchant Portal
- Afterpay will determine how to apply the refund to the customer’s order and adjust the customers’ payment schedule accordingly to reflect the refund issued
- Afterpay will process amounts back to the customer’s card in the instances where the customer has made payments to Afterpay already.
- An email will be sent from Afterpay to the customer to confirm the refund has been processed and communicate the changes to the customer’s payment schedule.
- Any refunds will be accounted for in the next settlement date. Refund amounts will be clearly identified as such in the detailed settlement information.
- Afterpay Merchant fees are non-refundable in the event of a refund.